In the spirit of my post yesterday, I am going to continue to talk about finances with Autism. It is TOUGH when you want to do everything you can for your child and money gets in the way. I know my boy is much happier and healthier when I am able to give him all organic foods, little to no sugar, support with essential oils and herbs, and get all his vitamins/minerals in him to help support his body.
Did you know that there is a term for supporting your body as a whole, rather then simply trying to correct one particular issues. Supporting the body systems as a whole is called a biomedical approach. It’s a thing. A thing you may want to check out for your Special Needs child, yourself and the rest of your family. A healthy, whole body is… well… a healthy body 😉
And there is a grant program that will help you to get started.
Check out these other financial assistance programs that you may qualify for:
- TACA compiled a list on this page of some grants that may be just what you need.
- There is financial aid available if you think the Son-Rise program is right for your child.
- Autism Support Network has compiled a list of financial help that is available for families.
- Contact your local ARC to help direct you to financial services that may be available to you through them.
- Your child may even qualify for financial help through Social Security or medical insurance through Medicaid.
So don’t give up. There may be help out there for you yet.